Panther's Terraria Forum
Server Wide PSA - Printable Version

+- Panther's Terraria Forum (http://www.terraria.tls.id.au)
+-- Forum: Panther's Terraria Server (http://www.terraria.tls.id.au/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (http://www.terraria.tls.id.au/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Server Wide PSA (/showthread.php?tid=1319)

Server Wide PSA - VladimirDrago - 02-10-2015

Good morning/afternoon Terrarians!

It's come to my attention that we have had players asking for the username and passwords to other player's account including those that belong to staff members. So let's review some basic internet safety shall we?

#1 PROTECT YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD
This goes without saying. It's YOUR ID and password. So YOU are the one who should be using it.

#2 PHISHING IS A BANNABLE OFFENSE.
Not a day, not an hour but FOR GOOD. I mean come on now folks. The staff is very well aware of WHY people are doing this and let's be honest. It won't work Big Grin

#3 STAFF MEMBERS ARE NOT STUPID
Let's be real for a second. You honestly think Myself or anyone else would be dumb enough to hand over our staff accounts to anyone? No. So with that in mind: ASKING STAFF FOR THEIR USERNAME AND PASSWORD WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN

Also please bare in mind that if you do fall for a phishing scam we will not assist you in getting your account back. So that about does it, enjoy the server folks and please: USE COMMON SENSE

RE: Server Wide PSA - Cucumberr - 02-10-2015

Basically avoid Kartar and NISHANT.

RE: Server Wide PSA - VladimirDrago - 02-10-2015

They've been delt with. But where is there two, there are more.

RE: Server Wide PSA - Cienna - 02-10-2015

kartar and nishant log the same ip in game.

RE: Server Wide PSA - youssefbsh - 02-10-2015

Um sorry but how did you knew they had the same ip

About the new rules can you please place it in /rules command please so you can ban people officialy because you warned them

RE: Server Wide PSA - GrimReapor - 02-11-2015

>_> moderators can check for ip addresses youssef. if you not a moderator then you cant do that as I cant

RE: Server Wide PSA - VladimirDrago - 02-11-2015

(02-10-2015, 11:43 PM)youssefbsh Wrote: Um sorry but how did you knew they had the same ip

About the new rules can you please place it in /rules command please so you can ban people officialy because you warned them

Phishing does not warrant a warning. It warrants an instant ban. It's common sense.

And like Grim said we have ways to find IPs in game.

RE: Server Wide PSA - [Finest] - 02-19-2015

What if someone gives you there account without you asking and expect you to give them your account, for i have encountered this but just ignored it.

RE: Server Wide PSA - tal212 - 03-22-2015

(02-10-2015, 11:43 PM)youssefbsh Wrote: Um sorry but how did you knew they had the same ip

wait you can bann others even if your not a VIP or your just talking to other VIP

FrostFire know ong password and can loggin using ong's account. he told me that ong told him he's password